Liquid & Ash by E.M. Abel REVIEW

February 29, 2016

Liquid & AshLiquid & Ash by E.M. Abel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars





★★★★4 Figting Stars★★★★


"Perhaps that was all life was-a series of moments and memories. Some of them were good,some of them were bad,but all of them collectively defined who we were."


I have to admit that I was nervous starting this book and even though the blurb is what drew me to this, I was still iffy about it. That being said, I got more than just a story. I got a woman's journey through heartbreak and loss and her eventually finding herself. What started as a downward spiral, ultimately saved her and made her the woman she always knew she could be.

Penny is facing the loss of her marriage. Having met her husband Derek in her Senior year of College, she spent the last ten years giving him everything. She gave up her potential career,and put even more distance between her disapproving mother. Everything that she hoped to have was now a distant memory and her marriage will be going along with it.

"Love is liquid. It never dies. It never goes away. Sometimes it just changes direction. And,sometimes,if it's strong enough...." It can make time stand still."

Deciding that it's time to take back her life and make something out of it,she begins her new found freedom. What she wasn't planning on is meeting the sexy bartender/model name Brandon. Determined to not let their attraction get the best of her, she fights her feelings for him. But with a man like Brandon,you could only stay strong for so long and eventually give in to the hot temptation.And I do mean HOT.

"He possessed me,and I knew it was dangerous,but I just didn't care".

Brandon hasn't had an easy childhood. He has scars just like everyone else but his run so much deeper. He's overcome a lot and but the memories are still there just waiting to pop up and give him nightmares. He has a good life now, women whenever he wants, and a fast track modeling career. Meeting Penny was never part of his plan but he saw something in her that made him question everything about his life.

Can two broken people really mend each other?

The beginning of this story was really rough for me because I didn't now where it was going. My thoughts were preoccupied with how how Penny is going to get through her situation ls she going to give in and just let the darkness takeover? Or is she going to fight. I loved her growth in this story,and her determination to be better. She put herself first for once and she didn't give up on anything.
I wanted the epilogue to be longer. It felt waaay too rush for my liking and I didn't like that at all. Aside from that, I really enjoyed this one and I hope the author gives us a novella because I want more. Brandon was the best and can I just say that those two together was "WOWZA!.

E.M. Abel
Born
in The United States 
November 04, 1981

Website

Twitter

Genre

URL


E.M. Abel was born and raised a Marine Corps brat. She spent a large portion of her life moving and living in her mother’s home country, Japan. As a result, she gained independence and a unique perspective on the world. The youngest of three girls, E.M. Abel spent a lot of time alone in her room writing or sketching in her journals and dreaming up stories. Growing up, she wrote poems, short stories and articles for her high school newspaper. She also fell in love with art and discovered her deep need for self-expression.

Now, a Navy wife with two small children of her own, she still loves being creative and most of all translating her stories into novels. E.M. Abel, now referred to as E or Em by her friends and readers, can often be found with her headphones on jamming out to punk rock, in a chair getting tattooed or cooking dinner for her kids and attending gymnastics practice. No matter what she's doing in life, she's always sure to do it her way.

Please feel free to write or send a friend request! 




View all my reviews

Post a Comment