REVIEW: DEEP DOWN by Brenda Rothert

July 3, 2015

25201617
I’m falling.
Faster.

Further.
Deeper.
Sometimes you fall so hard you can’t get back up. My closest companions now are shame and loss. But a sliver of hope lies in the only person I have left in this world – the one who’s growing inside me.
Survival becomes living again because of my child, and the town where I begin anew. That’s where I meet the man who starts to melt the ice inside my heart.
As we get closer, reminders of my past become sharper. Clearer. To confront the pain, I have to discover what’s deep down inside me. Is there enough left there to become whole again, or am I too wounded to heal? 

Wow.

That's just it: WOW.
I don't know how I feel. This book was unique, and it was a roller-coaster. 
I was angry at the unfairness of everything that Ivy had to go through. I wanted to kick something!


She is so strong. She loved her baby boy, and she was the best mother. I wonder how many people endure her pain and are as amazing as she is. She wasn't bitter, or mean. She was reserved, but kind.
And then... Reed came along. She got people around who cared for her, and my heart was happy. She needed that, and was so worthy of it.
The plot was original, and it seemed real. I never thought it was exaggerated/over-done or unrealistic.


The characters were special and dear to my heart. The love story was built slowly, even though they lusted after each other, but the pace never dragged and the writing was beautiful.
At times I did feel like something was missing.  I also would've liked more emotion from Reed when he found out about Ivy's past. I wanted... more.

However, the story was great and even the secondary characters were incredibly developed. I want to see how their stories unfold. I can't wait to read more about the Lockhart Brothers! Sexy bastards <3
Just wait until you meet them... one book won't be enough ;)


Post a Comment