REVIEW: #NERD by Cambria Hebert

May 26, 2015


23286422
Two people from completely different worlds are about to be thrown together…

In more ways than one.

She wants to keep her scholarship. He wants to stay on the team. An awkward alliance doesn’t even begin to cover Rimmel and Romeo’s relationship.
But that’s about to change.
It starts with a dare. An initiation. A challenge.
Quickly, it turns into more. But when you’re a victim of your status, there is no room for anything real. The rules are clear and simple.
Stick to your circle.And never fall in love with anyone on the outside.

 I liked that the main heroine was likeable but still made mistakes that any other girl would make . She was innocent but not a virgin, sweet but not stupid. She was realistic.

“No one wanted to deal with damaged. It made them uncomfortable.” 

I didn't bought Rimmel and Romeo's connection, it was a little insta-lusty. However , as the book progressed I found myself engrossed and loving their chemistry once I got over it . The plot was a little cliché at the beginning,though it moved forward nicely and the writing was engaging.

“His voice gentled and his touch became more like a caress. "I love you," he whispered. "Romeo...""I love your glasses, your clumsiness, your wild hair, even the way you snort when you laugh." He smiled. "I love you in spite of yourself, Rim. Can't you love me in spite of myself?" I couldn't help it, I smiled."You do come with a lot of baggage." I sighed. "You're impossibly good-looking, terrible at math, and you like to drink that swill you call beer." I mock shuddered.He smiled, but I saw the relief in his eyes."Me being good-looking is a bad thing?" he teased. "You have a lot of options," I said seriously. "I'm not the best one.""No." He agreed. "You're not." Geez, he could have said it a little nicer."You're the only one."Oh, well, that was much better. 


Post a Comment